Thursday, June 14, 2012

Three strikes, and I'm out

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I updated the blog; my apologies to everyone who's been waiting for new pictures. The truth is that I had hoped to come back here brimming over with new pictures of ghost towns taken during my journey to Houston last weekend, but I had no luck in that regard. There were three candidate towns I decided to chase down, but Stoneham (Grimes County) and Old Waverly (Walker County and San Jacinto County) have reconstituted themselves into dispersed but definitely occupied rural communities, and Esperanza (Montgomery County) appears to have disappeared entirely - including the historical marker - although there is still a road in the vicinity that bears its name. You win some, you lose some. In the next few days, I will be sharing some new and exciting photos with you - I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment